Just for you card - Butterflies and flowers on 6in square card -
Day 106 of my 365 day challenge
Hi Craft addicts!
I had coloured the butterfly background ages ago and thought that it would go with both the butterfly from Stamps by Me and the Just for You sentiment from Paper Boutique.
How I made this card:-
- I made the background layer first by using a butterfly mask/stencil to colour through using Orange and Yellow Distress Inks (it measures 145mm approx).
- I then edged it twice, once with a tan coloured alcohol marker and then again with a dark brown one.
- I cut out the Butterfly twice (both outline and layer) out of black and white card and coloured the body with red, oranges and yellows trying to co-ordinate it with the background.
- I then placed the black outline at an angle on the bottom right hand corner and stuck the coloured butterfly inside it, only using glue on its' body so you can open the wings.
- I then cut out the grass/leaves out in green card or paper (this is a Tattered Lace Forest Pines die) which I cut into 3 and glued them side by side.
- I also cut out the Just For You sentiment mat and layer out in 2 shades of green card and glued them together.
- I added it to the top right hand corner with foam pads.
- Finally, I added the whole panel on to the front of a 6" square card which is a Hunkydory card made from tan Adorable Scorable.
And there you are a card that is a fun card which is simple to make and would be great to give!
Products and items you may need to make this project
- 6" tan coloured Adorable Scorable straight edged card with envelope from Hunkydory
- Butterfly die from Stamps by Me
- Forest Pines leaf die from Tattered Lace
- Just for You Sentiment die from Paper Boutique collection by Creative Crafting World
- Green card (3 different shades)
- Cream hammered effect card
- Yellow and Orange Holtz Distress ink pads
- Tan, Red, Orange, Pink, Yellow and Dark Brown alcohol markers
- Cosmic Shimmer PVA glue
- Tape pen
- Collall All purpose glue
- Foam pads
So if you think this sounds interesting then why not:-