Happy Birthday toadstools C6 Gatefold card -
Day 109 of my 365 day challenge
Hi Craft addicts!
Today's challenge was made using Hunkydory For The Love of Stamps and some polka dot backing paper on a C6 gatefold card.
How I made this card:-
- I took a sheet of the green/blue polka dot paper (from Creative Crafting World's Paper Boutique A Hint of a Hoot 8" paper pad and stuck it on either side of a C6 gatefold card - trimming it to fit.
- I then cut a sheet of brown paper to make it look like some earth for either side and glued them to the card.
- I also stamped two toadstools on to some white stamping card using Versafine Onyx Black ink, covered them in Clear Embossing powder and heat embossed them so I could use alcohol markers on them.
- The Toadstool caps were coloured using a bright red and the stalks in a tan and beige colours. I also coloured the doors and surround in brown.
- Once they were dry, I then cut them out leaving a narrow white border and attached them to either side of the card with some thin foam pads.
- I had already cut out the plant (from Tattered Lace) in some lilac paper and trimmed it in two and placed them next to the toadstool
- Finally, I stuck the Happy Birthday sentiment on to some white card, trimmed it and then added it to some green card, trimmed that and stuck it to the left hand side of the card using foam pads.
And there you are a card that is a fun card which is simple to make and would be great to give!
Products and items you may need to make this project
- C6 white gatefold card and envelope
- Forest Pines die from Tattered Lace
- Toadstool stamp from Hunkydory's For The Love of Stamps
- Green and blue polka dot paper from A Hint of a Hoot 8" paper pad from Paper Boutique by Creative Crafting World
- White stamping card
- Brown paper/card
- Lilac paper/card
- Browns, Beige, Tan and Bright Red alcohol markers
- Cosmic Shimmer PVA glue
- Tape pen
- Collall All purpose glue
- Foam pads
So if you think this sounds interesting then why not:-