You are beautiful inside and out With Love 6in shaped chard -
Day 75 of my 365 day challenge
Hi Craft addicts!
Goodness, it is nearly the weekend already! Today's project for my 365 day challenge is one using both a mask/stencil and the co-ordinating stamps from Hunkydory's For the Love of Stamps range!
How I made this card....
- I took a piece of pre-cut 6" x 6" Brilliant White stamping card (this was from Rare Earth) but you could definitely cut a piece of card to fit yourself (well not fit yourself but you know what I mean)..
- I attached the Beautiful Babushka mask to it using some repositionable glue dots in a couple of places and masked off all of the inside area as I wanted to just use the border. Once it was secure, I then took a sponge or you can use a brush or dauber but if found that I could get a better colour with the former and coloured through the mask with 2 shades of Altenew inks - Moss and Parrot to be precise!
- I then took the mask off and this time masked off the border etc leaving the semi circle open and coloured through it using Dried Marigold and Festive Berries Distress Inks. I turned it round and repeated the same process.
- As this card was too big for the card I had chosen, I trimmed it using the scallops as a guide using my Cutterpillar Pro - I liked this effect as it kept a green border which wasn't too deep.
- Before I finished with the mask, I added the With Love sentiment on either side of the panel, leaving a space in the middle where the doll will be again using the red and orange ink pads.
- I put this to one side and then stamped out all of the Beautiful Babushkas using Onyx Fine Versafine ink and coloured in the 2 largest of them using Zig Clean Color pens - I was going to use Alcohol markers but find they aren't fine enough for them - obviously you can colour them anyway you want. If you do want to use alcohol markers then you would need to heat set the ink with embossing powder so that it didn't bleed when they were added.
- I left them to dry a bit and then cut them out also cutting the largest one along the middle so that the other one would appear inside it.
- I stuck the smaller one on to the card between the With Love words and stuck the whole panel on to the front of the card trying to leave an equal border around it.
- I added the bottom of the larger one to the card over the smaller one using foam pads as it gave it some dimension and then added the top part to the right hand side again using foam pads.
- I also stamped the little flower out and again coloured it in using Zig Clean Color Pens and stuck it above the W.
- Finally, I stamped the You're beautiful sentiment on to some stamping card, I did use Versafine but should really have used Memento ink as I used the chisel end of a Spectrum Noir alcohol marker to edge it - I then used the scallops as a guide to cut it out and added it to the left hand side of the card again with foam pads.
Don't forget you can also visit The Handmade Crafts Shop where you can see what else I have for sale or sign up to my monthly newsletter here
Products and items you may need to make this project
- 6" square scalloped edged white card with envelope
- Beautiful Babushkas stamps and mask from the For the Love of Stamps collection from Hunkydory
- 6" Brilliant White stamping card from Rare Earth or any other supplier)
- Zig Clean Color pens
- Festive Berries and Dried Marigold Distress Inks from Tim Holtz
- Moss and Parrot ink pads from Altenew
- Versafine ink - Onyx Black
- Tape pen
- Foam pads
- Glue-it glue from Pinflair
- Cosmic Shimmer PVA glue
- Decoraters/Masking tape