Quackers! Cute ducks and ducklings Easter (or any other day) -
Day 84 of my 365 day challenge
Hi Craft addicts!
Today's card is a fun card that didn't take too long to make again using Hunkydory's For The Love of Stamps and masks along with Zig Clean Color pens and alcohol markers.
How I made this card:-
- This is a C6 landscape card - which makes it perfect for this type of card.
- I took a piece of dark green card (this is from the Red Button range) and trimmed it to fit the card using my Cutterpillar Pro allowing a small border all around it.
- I cut a strip of parchment paper and holding the Totally Quackers mask down on it, I used a Versamark mini ink cube to add the ink through it.
- I then added some Bright White embossing powder to it and heat set it using my heat gun - I did this from the back so it didn't blow most of it away.
- I trimmed it a bit more to about 1.5" high not taking too much care to be totally straight and attached it to the dark green card sticking it at the back so you can't see the glue.
- I placed the whole panel on to the white card and started on the ducks.
- I stamped the larger duck (from the Totally Quackers stamp range) a couple of times using Versafine Black Onyx ink and coloured them in using a couple of shades of yellow and one orange alcohol marker and repeated the process with the smaller ones.
- I also stamped out the little duckling diving into the water and coloured that one in too, this time using some blue shades for the water.
- To finish the card off, I stuck the ducks on to the green part using a tape pen and adding foam pads to the little duck in the centre.
And there you are a card that is fun to make and receive - it could be for Easter or just to say hello!
Don't forget you can also visit The Handmade Crafts Shop where you can see what else I have for sale or sign up to my monthly newsletter here
Products and items you may need to make this project
- C6 white straight edged landscape card (narrow edge on the left hand side) with envelope
- Totally Quackers set of stamps and mask from Hunkydory's For the Love of Stamps and masks
- White cardstock - I used Lynda Chapman's World of Paper but any would do
- C6 Dark Green card (from Red Button)
- Vellum/Parchment paper
- Various alcohol markers - orange, blue and yellow
- Versafine ink - Onyx Black
- Versamagic ink cube
- Bright White embossing powder
- Tape pen
- Cosmic Shimmer PVA glue