Hello Life is better in color C6 half tone circles background -
Day 88 of my 365 day challenge
Hi Craft addicts!
Today's project for day 88 of my 365 day challenge and this time I have used Altenew's Halftone circles for the background and that of the main sentiment.
How I made this card:-
- I took a piece of C6 white stamping card and trimmed it slightly so that it fitted a C6 white card with a small border.
- I then used a Torn Edged circle die from Tattered Lace to create an aperture towards the top of the panel and repeated the process, this time adding a slightly smaller circle so that created a frame and a mat in blue American Crafts/Core-dinations cardstock.
- I used one of the smaller half tone circles stamps from Altenew and coloured the panel using their red, blue, green and orange ink pads. I then took a slightly smaller one and added the black circles as I think it makes the whole thing stand out.
- I stuck the circle frame to the back of the panel and attached it to the front of the card using Collall All Purpose Glue as it gives you some "wiggle" time.
- I stamped on the blue circle, this time using Versamagic and Seafoam White embossing powder so that it stood out. Once that cooled down a bit, I then stamped the Hello sentiment on top of it, this time using Onxy Black Versafine ink and a clear embossing powder (I edged the circle in a blue alcohol marker) and added it to the aperture, this time using foam pads to raise it a bit.
- I wanted to use the "Life is better than color" stamp and so used various Altenew Inks to create the rainbow effect and stamped it on a label tag which was then stuck to a greeny blue card and placed just underneath the aperture.
And there you are a card that is fun to make and receive which I think is really bright and cheerful!
Don't forget you can also visit The Handmade Crafts Shop where you can see what else I have for sale or sign up to my monthly newsletter here
Products and items you may need to make this project
- C6 white straight edged card with envelope
- Altenew Half Tone circles stamps
- Torn Edged Circle die from Tattered Lace
- White cardstock - I used Lynda Chapman's World of Paper but any would do or Craftwork Cards A6 stamping card
- Altenew inks - Red, Green, Orange, Blue and black
- Blue alcohol marker
- Seafoam White embossing powder
- Clear embossing powder
- Onxy Black Versafine ink
- Versamagic ink pad
- Foam Pads
- Tape pen
- Collall All purpose glue