Happy Easter bunny with Easter Eggs green shaped card -
Day 82 of my 365 day challenge
I thought I would make an Easter card for today's challenge and so have used Crafty Expressions stamps, some coloured paper, alcohol markers and Zig Clean Color Pens...
How I made this card:-
- The base card I used is a 150mm square green scalloped edged card and so I cut and tore 3 pieces of green card (2 dark and 1 lighter) - the tear shows the core which is a lighter colour.
- I then stuck the lighter one using the scallop as a guide and then cut it to fit at the fold (cutting from behind so you can see where to cut).
- I added the 2nd and 3rd pieces to the card leaving a small gap so you could see the lighter colour.
- As I wanted to put the flowers and bunny coming out of the grass, I didn't add glue to the top of the paper.
- I used Versafine Onyx Black ink to stamp 3 lots of the birds, flowers and egg on to some white stamping card and coloured them in using various alcohol markers and Zig Clean Color Pens (I wanted to see which worked best).
- I also stamped the bunny border twice at the bottom of the card - this time directly on to the paper.
- I stamped the bunny on to some card, this time colouring it in with some grey and brown alcohol markers. I cut it out leaving a small border and snipped around its' paws as I wanted to have it peeping out of the grass.
- I then glued all of the eggs on top of each other, adding one of the birds to the top of the sentiment. I also stuck one of the birds on to the rabbits' ear (which I had raised slightly with thin foam pads) and the other on to the flower to the right.
- Finally, I cut out the sun using a Tattered Lace stitched circle in yellow card (American Crafts or Core-dinations as it has a textured effect) and stuck it to the top left hand corner and cut around the scallops and straight edge. I stamped the Happy Easter sentiment in the centre and used a black fine liner pen to add some stitching.
And there you are an Easter card that is fun to make and receive!
Don't forget you can also visit The Handmade Crafts Shop where you can see what else I have for sale or sign up to my monthly newsletter here
Products and items you may need to make this project
- 155mm Green scalloped edged card with envelope
- Spring Fun Easter stamp set from Crafty Expressions
- Green shades of paper/light card stock
- Yellow textured card - American Crafts, Core-dinations are good brands
- White or Cream cardstock - I used Lynda Chapman's World of Paper but any would do
- Various alcohol markers - bright colours
- Various Zig Clean Color pens
- Versafine ink - Onyx Black
- Tape pen
- Cosmic Shimmer PVA glue
- Foam pads