Go Bananas! Go Let's Hang out Cute monkeys on a square card - Day 86 of my 365 day challenge
Hi Craft addicts!
Today's card is a fun, whimsical card that would make a great invitation or just say can we meet up! Once again, I have used Hunkydory's For The Love of Stamps and Masks to make it....
How I made this card:-
- I took a sheet of green and white spotty paper (which comes from Hunkydory's 8" paper pad) and trimmed it to fit the front of this 145mm square cream card.
- I then trimmed a plain green piece of paper to allow a narrow border and stuck it on the spotty paper.
- I took a piece of white stamping card (145mm) and masking the inner designs off from the inside of the Cheeky Monkeys For The Love of Stamps/Masks from Hunkydory.
- I used the zig zag outside edge and coloured it in using Moss and Parrot Altenew inks (I had to move it slightly to finish the right hand side off).
- Using the inks, I then added the Go Bananas! sentiment which is part of the mask in the same green as the border.
- I put it aside to dry a bit and started on stamping out the monkeys that are part of the set on stamping card using Onyx Black Versafine ink (leaving them stand a bit to let them dry) and then stamped the vines twice this time on green cardstock.
- I coloured them all in using brown and tan alcohol markers for the two on the left and some brown/grey Zig Clean Color pens for the one on the right.
- I cut the vines out and glued them just under the words Go Bananas and then stuck the 2 outer monkeys just beneath them. For the middle monkey, I attached it to the middle of the card with foam pads to give it dimension.
- Finally, I stamped the banana and coloured it in using two shades of yellow alcohol markers, cut it out and stuck it to the hand of the monkey on the left. I also stamped the "Let's Hang out" sentiment in the left hand corner in Onyx Black Versafine ink and stuck the whole panel to the front of the scallop edged cream card.
And there you are a card that is fun to make and receive!
Don't forget you can also visit The Handmade Crafts Shop where you can see what else I have for sale or sign up to my monthly newsletter here
Products and items you may need to make this project
- 148mm Cream scallop edged linen effect card with envelope
- Cheeky Monkey set of stamps from Hunkydory's For the Love of Stamps and masks
- Green and white spotty paper stock from Hunkydory 8" paper pad
- Green cardstock from DoCrafts 6in paper pad
- White cardstock - I used Lynda Chapman's World of Paper but any would do
- Altenew inks - Parrot and Moss
- Various alcohol markers - browns, tans and orange
- Zig Clean Color pens - browns and greys
- Tape pen
- Cosmic Shimmer PVA glue