Best Wishes space themed hand coloured C6 card -
Day 63 of my 365 Day Challenge
Hi Craft addicts!
Today's card (for day 65 of my 365 day challenge) is a quick and easy space themed one that I made using a mask from the For The Love of Masks range and stamps from For The Love of Stamps both from Hunkydory.
How I made this card:-
- I needed to make a quick and simple card for today's challenge, so I first of all took a pre-cut A6 stamping card (from Craftwork Cards) and coloured the whole of it using Altenew Blue inks making the top half darker than the bottom.
- I then used a mask from For the Love of Stamps (Go Wild) and inked through the mountains with black Altenew ink (Pure Graphite) and again a bit lower down to give some dimension.
- Using the space ship stamp as a guide, I added some rays (from the Ballet mask) to the top left hand corner again with the blue ink from Altenew.
- I used what was left on the sponge dauber with the Pure Graphite on it to add some shadows under the hills.
- I had previously stamped and cut out the spaceship and earth from another of the For The Love of Stamps set and coloured them in with alcohol markers (greys for the former and greens/blues for the planet).
- Before placing them on the panel, I trimmed it slightly on 2 sides to make it fit the C6 card - I must admit one thing I would like Companies to think about is making the pre-cut sheets they sell slightly smaller than the cards then it would make life so much easier!
- I glued it to the front of the card and added the ship and planet using foam pads and then stamped the Best Wishes stamp on to a pre-cut label tag using Versafine Onyx Black ink pads and edged it with a blue alcohol marker and added it to the bottom left of the card.
And there you are a cheerful and fun card that is simple to make....
Don't forget you can also visit The Handmade Crafts Shop where you can see what else I have for sale or sign up to my monthly newsletter here
Products and items you may need to make this project
- C6 white linen effect card and matching envelope
- Out of Space stamp set from For the Love of Stamps collections by Hunkydory
- Best Wishes sentiment stamp from Craftwork Cards (I think)
- Go Wild mask from the For The Love of Mask collection by Hunkydory
- Super Smooth Stamping A6 postcards from Craftwork Cards
- Blue alcohol marker for the edging of the tag
- Blue and Pure Graphite distress/dye based inks - from Altenew or Tim Holtz
- Blues, Greys and Greens Zig Clean Color pens
- Onyx Black Versafine ink pad
- Tape pen
- Foam pads
- Glue-it glue from Pinflair
- Cosmic Shimmer PVA glue