You brighten up my day - Mice and sunflowers c6 Kraft card -
Day 50 of my 365 day challenge
Hi Craft addicts!
Wow! it is day 50 of my challenge already and for today's card, I have once again used this cute stamp set from the For The Love of Stamps range by Hunkydory.
How I made this card:-
- I had the 2nd part of the tag shaped card left over from a previous card, so I decided to use it up for the topper.
- I first of all trimmed some white card to fit the front of a C6 Kraft card leaving a small border all around it and glued it on using a tape runner pen.
- I then stamped the large sunflower on the right hand side of the card using Black Onyx Versafine ink and then quickly used some clear embossing powder on top so that it stood out a bit more. I repeated the same thing with the smaller flower, stamping it twice either side of the stem.
- I coloured them in using Zig Clean Color pens, trying to blend the orange and red in with the yellow.
- I also stamped the You Brighten up my day sentiment to the left of the flower again using Versafine ink and heat embossed it with clear powder.
- I wanted to try out the new Altenew inks (Rainbow Prism and Soft Pastel) which I had got recently and so masked off the bottom of the topper using a Post-it note and coloured in the sky using the reds, yellow and oranges in the set.
- I then repeated it but this time masking off the sky and coloured the grass in using the Parrot inks using it several times at the bottom to give some shading. I then edged it with a green alcohol marker
- I stamped the two mice (the ones facing each other), once again using Versafine and embossing powder and coloured them in using Spectrum Noir alcohol markers (Cool Greys and BG2) for the bodies and 2 shades of pink for their ears.
- I cut them out leaving a narrow border around them and let them dry a bit.
- I flicked some water from a waterbrush on to the sky and grass and used some paper towel to give a blotchy effect and placed it on the front of the card using Hunkydory Foam pads (I liked it at a jaunty angle as I think it looks better).
- Finally, I used some foam pads (cutting them to fit) on the back of the mice and stuck them either side of the smaller flowers.
And there you are a cheerful and fun card that is simple to make....
Don't forget you can also visit The Handmade Crafts Shop where you can see what else I have for sale or sign up to my monthly newsletter here
Products and items you may need to make this project
- C6 kraft card with matching envelope
- Sunshines and Smiles For the Love of Stamps set from Hunkydory
- Tag shaped card from Hunkydory Crafts
- White cardstock
- Reds, Oranges, Yellows and green ink pads (from Altenew)
- Greys, greens and pinks alcohol markers from Spectrum Noir
- Tape pen
- Foam pads
- Glue-it glue from Pinflair
- Cosmic Shimmer PVA glue