Sending you sunshine... elephants on a DL Kraft card -
Day 45 of my 365 day challenge
Hi Craft addicts!
I really love these stamps (Safari Adventure) from the For the Love of Stamps range from Hunkydory and I wanted to try and create a sunrise background so it was a match made in heaven....
How i made this card:-
- I first of all cut a panel of white stamping card (I used Lynda Chapman's World of Paper) so that it was just slightly smaller than the DL Kraft card.
- I then used various Altenew inks (various shades of Pink, Orange and Yellow) to create the sunrise background - I used a photo from the internet to give me inspiration for the colouring.
- I left the middle part of the panel clear so it gave the impression of the sun beginning to rise and blended the colours around it to give a hazy effect.
- i used a stencil (As the Land Lies Decorative Stencil from Sheena Douglass) and inked through one of them along the lower half of the panel using a grey Altenew ink to give the impression that the mountains were in the distance.
- I also used part of one to create the clouds.
- Looking at the design against the card itself, I felt it would look better if it was slightly smaller so I trimmed about 1/4 off it and edged it with a black alcohol marker.
- I then stamped out the really cute elephant stamp 3 times and before colouring them in, i heat embossed them using a clear powder with my heat gun.
- I coloured them all in using 2 shades of grey and a pink for the ears' insides and cut them out as close to the border as possible.
- I used a tree stamp (from one of For The Love of Stamps range) and stamped it on the left hand side and again embossed it.
- I used thin foam pads to attach the elephants and placed the whole panel on to the left hand side of the card.
- I also die-cut the cute elephant (from the Adorable Elephants set from Tonic Studios) in black card and stuck it to the right hand side placing the "Sunshine" sentiment (which I had stamped and embossed on black card with white powder) just touching the trunk and then glued the "Sending You" sentiment on the right hand side of the panel.
- Finally, I added 3 gems on the top right hand corner..
And there you are a card that is really fun to make!
Don't forget you can also visit The Handmade Crafts Shop where you can see what else I have for sale or sign up to my monthly newsletter here
Products and items you may need to make this project
- DL Kraft card and envelope from DoCrafts Papermania
- Elephant stamps from the Safari Adventure set from Hunkydory's For the Love of Stamps collection
- Tree stamp from the Forest Friends set again from the For The Love of Stamps range
- Small elephant die from Adorable Elephants from Tonic Studios
- Sending you Sunshine stamp sentiment from Stamps by Me
- As the Land Lies decorative stencil from Sheena Douglass
- White stamping card - from Lynda Chapman's World of Paper
- Black card again from the above
- Red, Orange, Yellow and Grey ink pads from Altenew
- Black, Pink and Grey alcohol markers
- Versafine Black Onyx ink pad
- Bright White Embossing powder
- Tape pen
- Foam pads
- Glue-it glue from Pinflair
- Cosmic Shimmer PVA glue