Mum with flowers Mothers Day or Birthday easel card -
day 49 of my 365 day challenge
Good afternoon Craft addicts!
Well, the sun has gone in and it is nearly the end of the weekend but this card should make the sun shine! Very easy to make using a stencil, inks and some chipboard letters!
How I made this card:-
- My base card is a 148mm (approx 6") white scalloped edge card and to start with I scored the front it and folded it towards the inside to give me an easel card format.
- I used an blue/violet alcohol marker (Spectrum Noir TB6) to add two lines on either side (I used the scallops as a guide).
- I put the card aside and started to make the topper which is one part of a shaped card (14x9.5cm from Hunkydory) - I used my Cutterpillar Pro to make sure I cut it in the right place...
- I then placed the flower stencil (from Imagination Crafts) and inked through it in various places (first of all adding the full flower so i could then work out where the others could go). As with a lot of my cards, I have used the beautiful blue ink from Altenew (heaven knows what I will do when it starts to run out).
- I used Altenew's Parrot green ink to stencil the stems and leaves in a couple of the flowers just to add a touch of colour and edged it with the blue (TB6) marker.
- I added some glue to one part of the back of the topper (making sure that it didn't overlap with the rest of the card) and stuck it down at an angle - I used the 4th scallop at the bottom and the inside blue line to make sure that it fitted the card without going over the edge.
- Finally I used the chipboard letters MUM and coloured them with the blue marker and stuck them on to the topper (they are self adhesive which helps!).
And there you are a card that is cheerful but is simple to make....
Don't forget you can also visit The Handmade Crafts Shop where you can see what else I have for sale or sign up to my monthly newsletter here
Products and items you may need to make this project
- 6" (148mm) scalloped edge card with matching envelope
- Flower stencil from Imagination Crafts
- Tag shaped card from Hunkydory Crafts
- Blue and green ink pads (from Altenew)
- Blue alcohol marker TB6 from Spectrum Noir (Crafters' Companion)
- MUM thicker letters
- Tape pen
- Foam pads
- Glue-it glue from Pinflair
- Cosmic Shimmer PVA glue