Love, Butterfly and cherry blossom square Kraft card -
Day 33 of my 365 day challenge
Hi Craft addicts!
Well it is nearly the weekend so have a quick and easy card for you to make using some die cuts (from Tattered Lace and Tonic Studios).
How I made this card:-
- The base card is a 5" square Kraft card from Papermania by DoCrafts.
- I first of all cut out the LOVE sentiment using one of Tonic Studios' dies in white cardstock.
- I then cut out the Butterfly die (both base and outline) - the former in cream cardstock and the outline in silver Mirri.
- I coloured the outline butterfly using alcohol marker as they are the only ones that seem to stay on it when dry.
- I attached the outline to the mat layer and then stuck them both on to some black cardstock which I trimmed so it left a small border all around it.
- I then cut out the Cherry Blossom die (from Tattered Lace's Forest Pines range) in white card and coloured it in using a couple of different shades of pink (for the flowers) and the stems in green alcohol markers.
- I then attached them to the left hand side of the card, with the butterfly and sentiment going on the right hand side.
And there you are a lovely card that could be given to your best friend or someone you want to say I love you!
Don't forget you can also visit The Handmade Crafts Shop where you can see what else I have for sale or sign up to my monthly newsletter here
Products and items you may need to make this project
- 5" Kraft card with matching envelope from Papermania by DoCrafts
- Love sentiment die from Tonic Studios
- Tattered Lace Cherry Blossom die from the Forest Pines range
- Butterfly die from Stamps by Me
- Silver Mirri card from Hunkydory
- Black cardstock from Lynda Chapman's World of Paper by Creative Crafting World
- Cream cardstock
- Pink shades, Green, Yellow and blue alcohol markers
- Tape pen
- Glue-it glue from Pinflair
- Cosmic Shimmer PVA glue
- Foam pads