Just a note to lift your spirits balloons C6 card -
Day 43 of my 365 day challenge
Hi Craft addicts!
Today's card was made as my project for day 43 of my 365 challenge - once again it is using one of the stamp sets from Hunkydory's For The Love of Stamps Collection (Up and Away) and Tattered Lace die.
How I made this card:-
- This is a C6 white linen effect card and as I didn't want to have anything showing through it (as I would be using alcohol markers as well as inks), I cut a panel 145x85mm approx in white stamping card.
- I used what was left on my sponge daubers (blues and greens) to create the sky and land scene allowing it to be quite "pastel" in effect.
- I let that dry and concentrated on the balloons which are stamped once again on stamping card, this time using Versafine Onyx Black ink and a clear embossing powder which I heat set so that I could use alcohol markers to colour them in.
- You can of course use any colours for these balloons, but I chose two shades of blue, two shades of orange/yellow, two shades of pink and finally two shades of red to do them. The embossed areas means that it makes it easier to keep between the lines etc - and the dark dots in the stamp allowed me an idea as to where the darker shades should be.
- Once they were dry, I cut around them leaving a narrow white border on all of them.
- I had cut out the house from a die from Tattered Lace and so coloured that in using brown shades with a grey being used for the chimney stack.
- I then stamped the mountain design several times overhanging a couple of them to give the impression of a "range" using Silver Stone and Industrial Diamond inks from Altenew as I wanted them to look in the distance and used an grey alcohol marker to shade in some parts of them.
- Using a tape pen, I then stuck the house in the bottom left hand corner and the balloons in a random way on the right hand side, letting a couple of them overhang which I then trimmed.
- I also stamped the "Just a note to lift your spirits" sentiment in the Versafine Black Onyx and again embossed it with clear powder directly on to the panel.
- I also edged the panel with a bright blue marker to make it stand out a bit more and then embossed a couple of lines using my Hunkydory Adorable Scoreboard and glued the panel to just above the last one.
- Finally, I added two black lines underneath the topper using a marker which I hoped would also make it stand out.
And there you are a card that is really fun to make!
Don't forget you can also visit The Handmade Crafts Shop where you can see what else I have for sale or sign up to my monthly newsletter here
Products and items you may need to make this project
- C6 White linen effect straight edge card and matching envelope
- Up and Away Stamp set and accompanying mask from For the Love of Stamps from Hunkydory
- Tattered Lace Forest Pines House die
- White stamping cardstock from Craftwork Cards
- Blues, Reds, Pinks, Oranges, Yellow, Grey, black and brown alcohol markers
- Green ink pads from Altenew (Silver Stone and Industrial Diamond)
- Blue and ink pads - either from Ranger or Altenew or DoCrafts (what was left on my dauber)
- Onyx Black Versafine ink pads
- Clear Embossing powder
- Tape pen
- Glue-it glue from Pinflair
- Cosmic Shimmer PVA glue