Hoppy Easter rabbits and eggs in basket DL card -
Day 56 of my 365 day challenge
Well it is really cold but sunny out so thought I would make this fun Easter card once again using For The Love of Stamps from Hunkydory and alcohol markers.
How I made this card:-
- I first of all coloured the front of the card directly as I wanted to show its' linen effect. I used blue pigment inks - this time using Tim Holtz Ranger Distress inks for the sky (using a dauber instead of a sponge) and Altenew's green Parrot and Moss pigment inks for the grass.
- I put that aside to dry and cut out several of Tattered Lace Forest Pines Rose Hip Spry die in different shades of purple and green (I used Tattered Lace's Shades pads for this as they have a variety of colours in one place.
- I stuck them on to the left hand side of the using Cosmic Shimmer PVA glue and trimmed them so they didn't hang over the edge of the card.
- I then stamped out the 2 different types of bunnies (using Onyx Black Versafine ink and some clear embossing powder to set it) a couple of times along with the eggs and basket.
- I coloured the bunnies in using alcohol markers (greys, pinks and red) and then the basket in browns and blue for the ribbon. I also coloured the eggs in with various colours of Zig Clean Color pens and cut them all out. I also cut out the inside of the basked so you could see the sky through it.
- I glued the basket to the front of the card but left a bit of the top of it unglued so that I could slip the eggs in too - oh yes, I also stamped one of the flowers in the set 3 times on the card and coloured them in where I thought the basket would go. I also added one of the eggs in front of it.
- I then attached one of the bunnies next to the basket with foam pads having previous stuck the eggs in a semi circle so it looked like he was juggling with them.
- I stamped the sentiment "Hoppy Easter" on to a pre-cut label tag and heat embossed it with clear embossing powder.
- I took each of the rabbits in turn and added a very small slit in their paws so that I could place the sentiment in between them and it looks like they are holding it up.
- Finally, I added them to the card, this time on the left hand side of the card. I did also add a bunny to the back of the matching envelope as it makes it a bit more interesting
Don't forget you can also visit The Handmade Crafts Shop where you can see what else I have for sale or sign up to my monthly newsletter here
Products and items you may need to make this project
- DL white straight edge linen effect card and matching envelope
- Hoppy Easter stamp set from the For The Love of Stamps range by Hunkydory
- Rose hip spray die from the Forest Pines collection by Tattered Lace
- Greens and blues ink pads from Altenew and Tim Holtz
- Greys, pinks and red alcohol markers
- Orange, green, yellow and blue Zig Clean Color pens
- Versafine Onyx Black ink pad
- Clear embossing powder (Stamps Away have a huge 200g tub which would last a life time!)
- Pre cut label tag from Craftwork Cards
- Tape pen
- Foam pads
- Glue-it glue from Pinflair
- Cosmic Shimmer PVA glue