Friends like you... flowers, mice and rabbit C6 card -
Day 57 of my 365 day challenge
Hi Craft addicts!
Well what a funny day it is today - snow showers, sunshine and clouds and very cold! So this card (day 57 of my 365 day challenge), is a bright and cheerful one i think....
How I made this card:-
- I used a pre-cut C6 white panel (from Rare Earth or Craftwork Cards) - trimming it slightly to fit a C6 white straight edged card.
- I stamped the bluebell flower stamp (from the Friends Like You set from For The Love of Stamps) using Onyx Black Versafine ink pad and heat embossed it using a heat tool.
- I used a water brush and added some water to the flowers a couple at a time and coloured them in using Violet Zig Clean Color pens trying to give them all some shadow towards the top of the flowers - and carried on doing the rest of them - I then used a couple of shades of green to colour in the leaves and stems.
- I also added one of the butterflies and coloured it in with some orange and yellow alcohol markers.
- I let them all dry before I coloured the panel using green Altenew inks (Parrot and Moss) for the grass and then Salty Ocean and Broken China Distress Inks for the sky - trying to blend them so that it also gave a cloudy effect.
- I had a bunny and mice already coloured in and so added them to the front of the card once I had already stuck it on.
And there you are a cheerful and fun card that is simple to make....
Don't forget you can also visit The Handmade Crafts Shop where you can see what else I have for sale or sign up to my monthly newsletter here
Products and items you may need to make this project
- C6 white straight edge card and matching envelope
- Friends Like You stamp set from the For The Love of Stamps range by Hunkydory
- Bunny and mice stamps from For The Love of stamps too
- Purples, Greens and Lilacs Zig Clean Color pens
- Greens and blues ink pads from Altenew and Tim Holtz
- Blue alcohol marker for the edging
- Browns, Pinks and Greys alcohol markers for the mouse and bunny
- Versafine Onyx Black ink pad
- Clear embossing powder (Stamps Away have a huge 200g tub which would last a life time!)
- Pre cut label tag from Craftwork Cards
- Tape pen
- Foam pads
- Glue-it glue from Pinflair
- Cosmic Shimmer PVA glue