A Little note to say... Owl embossed on black 7x5in card -
Day 59 of my 365 day challenge
A Little Note to say Owl themed card is today's project for my 365 day challenge - can't believe it is nearly 60 days already - where has this year gone?
How I made this card:-
- I really like this owl stamp (from Ornate Owls from Hobby Art Stamps and I wanted to see how it looked embossed in white so stamped it on a circle of black card (95mm) with Versamagic and heat embossed it using Opaque Bright White powder from WOW.
- The circle had been cut out using a Tattered Lace die using my Cut n Boss.
- I then added some leaves from the same set around the edge of the circle and embossed them too (I really want the Gina K wreath building stamp set as it looks so easy to use but you can make some really great effects with it).
- I coloured the leaves with a green Zig Clean Color pen and then his eyes with a fluorescent yellow alcohol marker.
- Using 2 different sizes of Oval picot edged dies (again from Tattered Lace), I cut the smaller one out in White card and the larger in Black - the card that I love using is from Lynda Chapman's World of Paper range from Creative Crafting World.
- I glued the smaller oval on top of the larger one trying to make sure that there as an equal space all around it (it is surprisingly hard to do this!).
- Before sticking it to the front of the card, I used my Adorable Scoreboard to add some lines to the top and bottom of the front of the card and then placed the topper panel in the middle of them.
- I embossed the sentiment "A Little Note to Say" on to some black card, this time using Papermania's Seafoam White powder and cut it out - I didn't want it to have straight edges so just went where the music took me! I then attached it to the bottom of the card using foam pads.
And there you are a cheerful and fun card that is simple to make....
Don't forget you can also visit The Handmade Crafts Shop where you can see what else I have for sale or sign up to my monthly newsletter here
Products and items you may need to make this project
- 7x5in white card and matching envelope
- Ornate Owls stamp set from Hobby Art Stamps
- A Little Note to say stamp - not sure where it is from
- Tattered Lace Circle and Oval dies
- Black and white card stock - from World of Paper collection from Creative Crafting World
- Green Zig Clean Color pen
- Fluorescent yellow alcohol marker
- WOW Seafoam White embossing Poweder
- Bright White embossing powder from WOW
- Tape pen
- Foam pads
- Glue-it glue from Pinflair
- Cosmic Shimmer PVA glue