Day 26 of my 365 day challenge
Hi Craft addicts!
I had made a smaller version of this card but decided to make a larger one that could be given on any occasion.
How I made this card:-
- I cut out the large serrated edged oval in green self adhesive cardstock and a slightly smaller one in white card.
- I think this bluebell stamp is really cute (from the Friends of You stamp collection from For the Love of Stamps collection by Hunkydory) and so I stamped it on the left hand side using Versafine's Onyx Black ink.
- I then coloured it in using Red,Purple and green alcohol markers (either Spectrum Noir or La Plume).
- Using blue Altenew inks, I coloured the sky avoiding the plant, making it slightly darker at the top. I then repeated this with Green inks to create the grass.
- It looked a bit bare, so I stamped some very small butterflies and dragonflies around the sky and then added the lantern to one of the leaves and the toadstools to near the base of the stem.
- I used a small label die from Spellbinders and cut it out using white card - whilst it was still in the die I coloured it using a Green Altenew ink and stamped a With Love sentiment in its' centre using Onyx Black Versafine.
- Before I added the whole panel on to the front of the card, I decided to try out something and so I tore a strip of Green card (Co'redinations) as it showed the white core and then a slightly narrower piece and stuck them to the bottom of the card to look like grass.
- I then repeated the above with some blue card and this time glued it to the top of the card - trimming both to fit the card.
- Finally, I attached the panel using foam pads.
And there you are - a simple but stylish card that has been made using just some some plain paper, some Hunkydory stamps and alcohol markers.
Don't forget you can also visit The Handmade Crafts Shop where you can see what else I have for sale or sign up to my monthly newsletter here
Products and items you may need to make this card
- 7" x 5" white landscape (various companies sell these)
- Friends of You stamp set from For the Love of Stamps from Hunkydory
- Butterflies, dragonflies, lantern and toadstools stamps (I think from Hunkydory again)
- With Love sentiment
- Tattered Lace Oval dies (2 sizes)
- Spellbinders label die
- Blue and Green Co'redinations cardstock
- White stamping super smooth cardstock
- Red, Purple and green alcohol markers
- Green and Blue ink dye based pads from Altenew
- Onyx Black Versafine ink
- Mini blending tool from Ranger
- Tape pen
- Glue-it glue from Pinflair
- Cosmic Shimmer PVA glue
- Foam pads