Owl steampunk style 7x5in with love card -
Day 9 of my 365 day challenge
Hi Craft addicts!
Today's challenge (day 9) is this steampunk style owl themed 7" x 5" card which I have made using up some Graphic 45 papers.
How I made this card:-
- Graphic 45 produced this beautiful owl image some time ago and I had one bit of the paper left so I cut this bit out using a Tattered Lace die.
- I also cut out the brown cardstock using another Tattered Lace die but felt that it needed some definition so I placed it on some white card and cut a layer allowing for a very narrow border. I edged both with some brown alchohol marker too.
- | embossed the 7" x 5" inch card at the top and bottom (every half an inch) leaving a space in the middle.
- The larger panel is pre embossed from Craftwork Cards (A Man's World series) and so I used various brown distress/pigment inks (from Tim Holtz/DoCrafts) to make it look a bark-like and cut it to fit using another of the Tattered Lace dies.
- I cut a piece of hessian/burlap in half and frayed it a bit more and placed it on the left hand side of the above panel and stuck it to the front of the card - using the bottom embossed line as a guide.
- I then added the owl panel to the front of the card using some foam pads.
- Finally, I used the With Love sentiment topper which is from Kanban cards and attached it to some white card and cut round it leaving a narrow border and again used foam pads to raise it from the hessian strip.
And there you are - a really lovely card that you could give for Valentine's day or really for any occasion!
Products and items you may need to make this card
- 7" x 5" white card with envelope
- Steampunk owl papers from Graphic 45
- Square Tattered Lace dies (various sizes and designs)
- Brown shades of distress inks from Tim Holtz and pigment inks from DoCrafts
- Brown alcohol marker
- Hessian strip - I think from Create and Craft
- Brown cardstock
- Cream cardstock
- White cardstock
- Tape pen from Create and Craft
- Cosmic Shimmer PVA glue
- Collall All Purpose Glue
- Foam pads
So if you think this sounds interesting then why not:-