Love you to the moon and back Flamingos in love card
Day 22 of my 365 day challenge
Hi Craft addicts!
Today's card for my challenge is this fun Flamingos in love 7" x 5" card which I have made using Hunkydory's Flamingo Party stamp collection, some distress inks.
How I made this card:-
- I first of all cut out the square in white stamping cardstock using a Tattered Lace die (but any one would do).
- I then took the two flamingos from the Flamingo Party range from For The Love of Stamps stamp collection (Hunkydory) and stamped them both using Versafine Onyx Black ink and then embossed them using a clear embossing powder.
- I then used 2 Zig Clean Color pens to colour them in (pink shades).
- I coloured the background in with both Altenew and Distress inks - using a post-it note to define where the water ended and the sky started.
- I also then used some grey alcohol markers to add the shadow and some shading to the water.
- I then attached the panel to some Rainbow Mirri card (from Hunkydory) using fingerlift tape and placed the whole topper on to the front of a 7" x 5" white card which I used as a tentfold one.
- I had already stamped and embossed the sentiment You to the Moon and back on some red card and so decided to use the LOVE sentiment stamp from DoCrafts as well - I stamped it on the front of the card using Festive Berries Distress Inks along with the heart balloon and empty hearts.
- I added the sentiment with some foam pads to give it some dimension and finally added some Strawberry Coulie Nuvo Jewel drops and a single red heart in between the flamingos.
And there you are - a card that used Hunkydory's For the Love of Stamps, a DoCrafts stamp and distress/dye based inks.
Products and items you may need to make this card
- 7" x 5" white card with matching envelope
- Flamingo Party For The Love of Stamps collection from Hunkydory
- You To the Moon and back sentiment stamp
- Rainbow Mirri card from Hunkydory
- White Stamping Card
- Zig Clean Color Pens - pink and orange
- Red and Blue Distress/Dye based Inks from Altenew and Ranger
- Grey shades alcohol markers
- Onyx Black Versafine ink pad
- Strawberry Coulis Jewel Drops from Tonic Studios' Nuvo range
- Tape runner pen (from Create and Craft)
- Glue-it glue from Pinflair
- Foam pads
- Fingerlift tape
So if you think this sounds interesting then why not:-