Have a fun filled day - sunflowers resist technique black C6 card - Day 24 of my 365 day challenge
Hi Craft addicts!
Today's card is as a result of my trying out distress ink over embossed flowers which I think turned out quite well despite it being a bit of a mistake!
How I made this card:-
- I wanted to use this C5 black card and so first of all added a white insert to the centre of the card.
- I then cut out the 3 different sized slim deckle edged rectangles using Tattered Lace Tall Slim rectangle dies - the largest in Rainbow Mirri (from Hunkydory), the middle one in black card (from Lynda Chapman's World of Paper from Creative Crafting World and finally the smallest one in white stamping card.
- I decided I would like to try the resist technique which I have seen various videos on, and so stamped the first Sunflower (from the Sunshine and Smile collection from Hunkydory's For The Love of Stamps range) on the right hand side of the cardstock and embossed it in White embossing powder and heat dried it.
- I then used what was left on my blending tool sponges (red, orange and green) to blend some colour over it and then used a tissue to remove any excess.
- I repeated the process with the smaller one (it was the same stamp as before but just did it just a bit lower down).
- I then stamped the butterflies and repeated what I had done before but this time with blue inks from Altenew and attached it to the main panel.
- Before adding it to the card, I embossed the right hand side using a score board and added vertical and diagonal lines (one lot done from inside the card and the other from outside).
- It didn't stand out very well, so I used a white Saqura gel pen to add various lines to the embossed area.
- I also cut out the Have a fun filled day on to a circle of black card (which I had cut out using a Tattered Lace Die) and embossed it using the White embossing powder and then place it on to a larger circle of Rainbow Mirri card and attached it to the top of the card using foam pads.
- Finally I added the small Sunflower to the bottom right hand corner which I had stamped and coloured using alcohol markers.
And there you are - a card that used Hunkydory's For the Love of Stamps, distress/dye based inks and alcohol markers which I think turned out really well.
Products and items you may need to make this card
- C5 Black Card with matching envelope
- Sunshine and Smiles stamp collection from the For The Love of Stamps range by Hunkydory
- Black card stock from Lynda Chapman's World of Paper from Creative Crafting World
- White stamping card stock
- Rainbow Mirri Card (from Hunkydory)
- White insert paper
- Orange, Red, Blue, Green and Yellow Distress/Dye based Inks from Altenew and Ranger
- White Sakura Gel pen
- Orange Marmalade Jewel Drops from Nuvo (Tonic Studios)
- Onyx Black Versafine ink pad
- White Embossing Powder
- Tape runner pen (from Create and Craft)
- Foam pads
- Fingerlift tape
So if you think this sounds interesting then why not:-