Beautiful Butterflies and flowers A4 photo frame -
Day 30 of my 365 day challenge
Hi Craft addicts!
Today is something different for day 30 of my 365 day challenge - this time it is an A4+ photo frame which I have decorated using Stamps by Me dies and stamps.
How I made this project:-
- I had had this picture frame for ages and thought I better use it and so thought it would be great for this project.
- I first of all, cut out the rose die (from Stamps Away) within some black card.
- I then stuck it to some white super smooth cardstock and coloured the rose in using various red, orange and yellow alcohol markers - I find that the fluorescent yellow one from Spectrum Noir adds a certain highlight to the whole rose. I added some orange alcohol marker to the edge to make it stand out more...
- I then used 2 or 3 green alcohol markers and coloured in the leaves.
- I also added a hint of Wink of Stella clear sparkle to parts of the flower and leaves.
- I had also cut out the daisies in black card (again from Stamps By Me) and coloured them in using La Plume alcohol markers. This time, I cut them out so they were separate.
- I had previously cut out the butterfly (which is cut out in 2 parts) in black and rainbow Mirri and coloured the outline butterfly using alcohol markers and let it dry.
- I then attached the black outline to some cream card and cut round it and placed the butterfly on it using some glue just on its' body so it gives it some dimension.
- I added them to the front of the picture frame after putting the Rose artwork into it (had attached it to some black card.
- Finally, I cut out the smaller ornate label and used some distress ink to colour it whilst still in the die (Spellbinders) and stamped the Beautiful sentiment on to it - I trimmed it so it fitted better and glued it to the middle of the bottom of the frame.
And there you are a picture frame that would make an ideal gift or as a great home decor project.
Don't forget you can also visit The Handmade Crafts Shop where you can see what else I have for sale or sign up to my monthly newsletter here
Products and items you may need to make this project
- A4 picture frame (can be any style)
- Daisy Stamps by Me die
- Rose Stamps by Me die
- Butterfly Stamps by Me die
- Beautiful stamp by Stamps by Me
- Green shades, Orange, Red. Pink, Blue shades and Yellow alcohol markers
- Black Lynda Chapman's cardstock - from Creative Crafting World
- White super smooth cardstock
- Ornate label die (lattice style) from Spellbinders
- Onyx Black Versafine ink
- Green Distress Inks (from Altenew)
- Rainbow Mirri Card from Hunkydory
- Tape pen
- Glue-it glue from Pinflair
- Cosmic Shimmer PVA glue
- Foam pads