Blast off - 3.2.1 Triple aperture DL card...
Hi Craft addicts!
Today's card is a fun space themed card I have made using Hunkydory's "Out of this world" set of stamps, some inks from Altenew and DoCrafts, along with my Chameleon pencils (which I really love)....
How I made this card...
- I used two of the Hunkydory's DL triple aperture card and cut the front of one of them (trimming it slightly to make sure it fitted the back of the remaining card).
- I then took the aperture circles out (removing the frames) and stamped 3 of them with the Spaceman, Earth and Spacecraft (from the Out of this World Stamp collection from Hunkydory's "For the Love of Stamps" using Tuxedo Blank Memento ink and left them to dry a bit.
- I also used the small rocket from the collection and stamped the front of the main card.
- I then coloured them all in using a variety of Chameleon pencils, Alcohol markers and inks.
- I wanted the circles to "hang" from the apertures so laid the blank ones down behind the space and added some thin cotton to them (attaching them temporarily with some tape) and then added the stamped circles to them (keeping them in place whilst doing so).
- I then laid the whole thing down on the spare piece of card, added some glue and lowered the front part on to it again making sure that it was in the same place (using a wet glue like Collall or Pinflair allows you that "wiggle time".
- Finally, I coloured the rockets on the front, stamped the sentiments "Blast off" and "3.2.1" in between the apertures and added a few blue stars (from the Hunkydory set using DoCrafts blue ink pad) and also some "Blue Crush" Nuvo Glow in the Dark drops.
And there you are - a fun card that has been made using Hunkydory stamps, a variety of Altenew crisp dye ink pads, alcohol markers and Chameleon pencils.
Don't forget you can also visit The Handmade Crafts Shop where you can see what else I have for sale or sign up to my monthly newsletter here
Products and items you may need to make this card
- x2 DL triple aperture white cards with envelopes from Hunkydory
- Out of this world stamp collection from the For the Love of Stamps set from Hunkydory
- White Colour Me or Supersmooth cardstock
- Parrot (and other green and blue dye based ink pads) from Altenew
- Blue and Brown Alcohol markers from Altenew and Spectrum Noir
- Black fineliner marker pen
- Fine cotton or cord
- Blue Crush Nuvo Glow in the Dark drops from Tonic Studios
- Collall All Purpose glue
- Cosmic Shimmer PVA glue
- Create and Craft Tape pen
- Foam pads