Hi Craft addicts!
Today, I have written about 2 C6 cards (one normal and one gatefold) that I have made using a Hunkydory Topper, some Altenew inks and some floral stamps.
The first one is... Flamingo fun (white C6 card)
- I first of all used some "leaf" stamps (I am not sure where they are from which is a shame) and coloured the front of a C6 white straight edged card using "Olive", "Parrot" and Bamboo Altenew ink pads to create a background. I left the centre empty as I knew I would be putting a topper there.
- I then added some "black" leaves (using their "Jet Black" ink pad and then some small "flowers" with their "Ruby Red" ink.
- Taking one of the smaller "Flamingo" toppers from Hunkydory's "Bigger Book of Birthday toppers", I separated them and stuck the frame to the card and then added the oval topper to it raising it with foam pads.
- I finally added some "Apple Green" Nuvo drops to the centre of the flowers....
The second card I have made is "Especially for you" Marigold C6 gatefold card.
- I used the same stamps as the first card, this time using the lighter "Green" (Parrot) ink pad from Altenew and stamped around the edges of the C6 cream gatefold card.
- I then added some of the flowers using their "Autumn Blaze" (orange) inks in the spaces left- I also stamped over the opening edges and coloured the remaining ones with the same ink.
- I took a panel of "Orange" Tear and Share cardstock from Kanban and attached the floral panel which is a Tattered Lace one (I had cut it out in "White" card) - trimming it down so that it fitted the panel. I had also coloured the edges of both with the "Orange" ink.
- I then glued it to the left hand opening panel (making sure there was no glue on the right hand side so the card could open.
- I really love this flower, and so used some CS PVA glue to stick it to the centre of the panel.
- I also used an "Especially for You" sentiment (with red foil) from the Foiled Sentiments pack from Craftwork Cards.
Don't forget you can also visit The Handmade Crafts Shop where you can see what else I have for sale or sign up to my monthly newsletter here
Products and items you may need to make this card
- C6 white card, C6 gatefold cream card
- Floral and leaves stamps (not sure where from)
- Flamingo oval topper from Bigger Book of Birthdays from Hunkydory
- Tropical Forest, Warm and cozy and Floral ink dye based pads from Altenew
- Acrylic stamp blocks from Card-io, DoCrafts and Clarity
- Mini blending tool from Ranger
- Flower (Marigold)
- Apple Green Nuvo Crystal drops (from Tonic Studios)
- Collall All Purpose glue
- Cosmic Shimmer PVA glue
- Create and Craft Tape pen