All that Jazz - wall hanging with blackboard card to write on..
Hi Craft addicts!
Today's make is a small wall hanging with the theme of "All that jazz" as I have used the stamps in that set from "For The Love of Stamps" from Hunkydory along with some blackboard card so that it can be written on....
How I made this wall hanging:-
- I took some "Red and white" dotty paper (from Kanban) and stuck it to both sides of a MDF wall hanging/plaque which measures 16x8.5cm approx using CS glue having precut them beforehand.
- I then used some "Red, Pink and Blue" inks (from Altenew and DoCrafts) and added the "splats" using the "All that Jazz"mask from the latest collection from "For the Love of Stamps" mask and stamps set from Hunkydory.
- I then edged both front and back of the plaque with the "Red" inks - I used a Ranger mini blending tool (these are great as you get several spare foam pads which you can use for different colours!)
- Using a rectangle die (this is a Sue Wilson/Creative Expressions one), I cut out the panel out of "Blackboard Chalk card" - you can buy this from DoCrafts and glued it on to the middle of the plaque with CS Glue again.
- I stamped the 3 figures out (using "blue" and "black" inks on parts of the stamps to give a different effect) on white super smooth card and cut them out leaving a narrow border around them. (I used Onyx Black Memento ink)
- Once again using CS glue, I attached them to the plaque.
- I stamped some of the "Musical notes" from the same set above and below the chalboard panel and finally added some white "faux stitching" around it.
- I used some black twine to hang it up with (I knotted the ends at the back of the plaque and added some CS glue to the knots to secure them.
And there you are - a simple but stylish card that has been made using just some some dies, some stamps from Hunkydory and coloured with alcohol markers.
Don't forget you can also visit The Handmade Crafts Shop where you can see what else I have for sale or sign up to my monthly newsletter here
Products and items you may need to make this card
- MDF Wall hanging/plaque 16x8.5cm with holes at the top
- All that Jazz stamp and mask set from Hunkydory's For the Love of Stamps collection.
- Blackboard chalk style card
- Memento Onyx Black ink pad
- Blue, Pink and Red inks from Altenew, DoCrafts and Tim Holtz
- Mini blending tool from Ranger
- White card
- Black twine
- Red and White dotty paper or card
- Foam pads
- Collall All Purpose glue
- Cosmic Shimmer PVA glue