Bee's Knees - Beehive and bees 7" x 5" white card
Hi Craft addicts!
Today's card is one made using some Tattered Lace dies, some Hunkydory stamps and Kanban cardstock.
How I made this card:-
- I first of all took a piece of "Yellow" striped cardstock (which is part of the Tear & Share card collection from Kanban) and cut out the "beehive" and the larger of the "bees" using the "Hive of Bees" die collection from Tattered Lace.
- I then used the "Torn Edge" rectangle die from Tattered Lace and cut out a panel leaving a small border around the pattern.
- I placed the whole panel on to some "black" cardstock and added some of the "hive" back into it using the "yellow" card.
- Using the larger of the "bees" stamp from the "Bee's Knees" For the Love of Stamps collection from Hunkydory, I stamped along the edge of the card using Onyx Black Versafine ink. I also coloured the bodies of the bees using a "Yellow" crayon to highlight them.
- I also added the "trail" to the top of the card and the "You are the Bee's Knees" stamp to the bottom of the card.
- Finally, I glued the whole panel on to the card and stamped a couple more bees to the left hand corners.
And there you are - a striking card that I made using some Tattered Lace dies, some Hunkydory stamps and Kanban cardstock.
Don't forget you can visit The Handmade Crafts Shop anytime to see what else I have for sale or sign up to my monthly newsletter here
Products and items you may need to make this card
- 7" x 5" white card and envelope from Hunkydory or various suppliers
- A Hive of Bees die from Tattered Lace
- Torn Edges Rectangle die from Tattered Lace
- Orange/yellow cardstock Tear & Share from Kanban
- Black cardstock
- Bees Knees stamps from Hunkydory
- Yellow crayon
- Onyx Black Versafine ink
- Collall All Purpose glue
- Cosmic Shimmer PVA glue