Snowmen (2) 5" x 7" white Christmas cards -
Day 342 of my 366 Day Challenge
Hi Craft addicts!
So for today's challenge, I have made 2 different cards using peel off stickers, some inks and some backing papers from Tonic Studios and Craftwork Cards...and I hope you can see that peel off stickers can be fun to use and not childlike at all!
How I made these cards:-
Card 1 - Snowman on Sledge
- I used the "Snowman on sledge" Peel off sticker (black outline) which comes in a set of 3 designs on one sheet from Craft Creations and placed it on to a pre-cut white deckle edged panel (again from Craft Creations) making sure that there was enough room to make a snow scene.
- I then covered the outline with some card which I had torn to give it a rough edge and coloured the sky area using various inks - especially "Bahama Blue" Memento ink and the "Blue - B01" from Generation INX. The sticker sheet also comes with some "snowflakes" which I added to the picture before hand and removed them once I had finished colouring it so you have the outline left.
- I also added some "Black" to the top of the panel to make it a bit darker. As you can see from the photo, I also added some black to the snow area to make it a bit less white.
- I then shaded the "Snowman" using some alcohol markers and coloured the sledge in using some "Brown" alcohol pens along with some black for his hat - leaving some white in the middle to give it a bit of shadow. I also coloured his scarf and boot tops with "red" markers and finally added some "orange" for his nose.
- To make up the card, I placed the finished topper onto some black card and then some blue spotted embossed card leaving narrow borders for both of them.
- I had some of the grey and white checked paper left over from a previous card and so added a border of it to the centre of a 7" x 5" landscape card using fingerlift tape and added the whole panel to the middle of it using foam pads. I also added 2 border peel off stickers to it to hide any wonky cutting!
- I also added the "Happy Christmas" sentiment (from Craft Creations again) to some of the blue card and placed it under the topper using foam pads again.
- Finally for this card, I added some "Caribbean Blue" Nuvo crystal drops to the centre of the snowflakes and to opposite corners of the card.
Card No. 2 - Snowman with broom
- For this card, I used another of the outline "Snowman" peel off stickers from Craft Creations, this time colouring the panel in a lighter blue (really what was left on the sponge does the trick)
- I had again added the "Snowflakes" peel off stickers beforehand and took them off once I had finished colouring the whole thing.
- I also shaded the space under the snowman with some pencil to give him some "grounding".
- I then coloured the hat in "Red" alchol markers and then his scarf in "Blue and yellow", his nose in "orange" and his broom in "brown".
- I had some of the patterned script papers left over from last year from Craftwork Cards and so stuck the topper on to some leaving a narrow border around it and then added a matching panel to the centre of the 7" x 5" card.
- I used some "Silver" "Holly" peel off stickers to add a border to it and then another lot of the black and gold border strip on top of that.
- I then added the whole topper on to the card using foam pads so it had some dimension.
- I added some "Caribbean Ocean" Nuvo Crystal drops to the centre of the snowflakes and finally added the "Merry Christmas" sentiment (again peel offs which I had cut to fit the card) to underneath it.
And there you are - two bright and cheerful cards for kids of all ages! They are simple to make using peel off stickers which don't necessarily look like you have used them!
Products and items you may need to make this card
- 7" x 5" white cards with envelopes (from various suppliers)
- Snowmen Peel off stickers from Craft Creations
- Pre cut deckle edged white panels from Craft Creations
- Black, Orange, Yellow, Brown. Red and Blue alcohol markers
- Merry Christmas and Happy Christmas sentiments Peel off stickers from Craft Creations
- Border strip peel off stickers again from Craft Creations
- Blue and Black Dye based inks (or Distress inks) from Memento, Generation INX
- Caribbean Ocean Crystal drops from Tonic Studios
- Collall All Purpose glue
- Cosmic Shimmer PVA glue
- Foam pads