Gingerbread man on striped background 7" x 5" card -
day 337 of my 366 day challenge
Hi Craft addicts!
I have made this fun card using a Tonic Studios die, and some striped paper on a 7" x 5" white card.
- I had cut the "Gingerbread Man" out of "Red" cardstock and decided that I would make this card.
- To decorate the topper, I used some "Key Lime" Jewel drops from Nuvo in the bow tie and coat area and let it dry.
- I also cut out the "label tag" shape (I think it is a Tonic Studios die) in black card and glued the Gingerbread man on to it.
- I had some pre-cut (A6) "Silver" Mirri card (from Hunydory) and cut out this frame using another die (from Tonic Studios or it could be Tattered Lace) - the centre of it will be used at a later date.
- I glued the frame (using Cosmic Shimmer PVA Glue) on to a sheet of "Black, Green, Red and White diagonally striped paper which is from Kanban and placed it on to a 7" x 5" card.
- I attached the "Gingerbread man" topper on to the middle of the panel using foam pads to give it some dimension.
- Finally I coloured the "Christmas Wishes" topper (from Craftwork Cards) with some "Green Generation INX G01 inks and stuck it to the bottom right hand corner again with foam pads.
And there you are - a cute Christmas card that is simple to make using a couple of dies and some backing papers.
Don't forget you can visit The Handmade Crafts Shop anytime to see what else I have for sale or sign up to my monthly newsletter here
Products and items you may need to make this card
- 5" x 7" White card with envelope (from various suppliers)
- Gingerbread man die (Rococo series from Tonic Studios)
- Frame die - from Tattered Lace or Tonic Studios
- Label tag die shape from Tonic Studios
- Christmas Wishes sentiment from Craftwork Cards
- Green, Red and black diagonal striped papers from Kanban
- Red cardstock
- Green Dye based inks (or Distress inks)
- Collall All Purpose glue
- Cosmic Shimmer PVA glue
- Foam pads