Vintage Galleon on the high seas - 7x5in card -
Day 296 of my 366 day challenge
Hi Craft addicts!
I had coloured this background a few days ago and had just cut out this "Vintage Galleon" die-cut from Tattered Lace and had that "lightbulb" moment that they would work together - so I made this card...
To make the background:-
- I took a panel of stamping card (from the "Stamping Must haves" collection from Craftwork Cards and coloured the whole area very lightly in shades of "blue" (mainly from Generation INX) gradually making the bottom part darker (trying to make it look like the shimmerng sea).
- I then masked off part of the panel at a slight angle with some paper I had torn to create the two islands (there is one behind the ship) using "Tuxedo Black" Memento ink.
- I then masked off both top and bottom and created the skyline again using the black ink. I also added some shadow effect to the islands using what was left on the sponge.
- Covering the bottom half of the panel, I then created the sky (using a circle of paper to mask off where I wanted the moon to go and coloured it with slightly lighter blue shades.
- I also added some of the black to give the impression of clouds over the moon and sky.
- I then used a white pen to add some waves under the ship etc.
- Finally, I used an black alcohol marker to edge the panel and left it to dry.
To make the card up:-
- I added the whole panel to a white 7" x 5" card that I used landscape using Collall All Purpose glue.
- I then cut out the "Vintage Galleon" from Tattered Lace in white cardstock and coloured the base of the ship in "Tan TN4" and "TN9" Spectrum Noir alcohol markers. I also added some shading to the sails using a "Grey" one.
- I wanted to add some dimension to the whole card so used some foam pads (Candi pads) to attach the ship to the card just in front of one of the islands - I like the way it adds a bit of shadow to it too!
- Finally, I added a few drops of the "Wedgewood Blue" Nuvo Crystal drops to the card itself..
And there you are - a card made using a stunning wolf image from Pollyanna Pickering on a hand coloured background along with some of the new Jewel drops from Nuvo (Tonic Studios)
Don't forget you can visit The Handmade Crafts Shop anytime to see what else I have for sale or sign up to my monthly newsletter here
Products and items you may need to make this card
- 7" x 5" White 300gsm (approx) card
- Vintage Galleon ship die from Tattered Lace
- Blue Shades - N02 and B01 and A02 - from Generation INX (Stamps by Me)
- Tuxedo Black Memento ink pad
- White cardstock
- White panel of stamping cardstock from the Stamping Must haves collection from Craftwork Cards
- Spectrum Noir alcohol markers - Tan and Grey
- Wedgewood Blue Crystal drops again Nuvo from Tonic Studios
- Cosmic Shimmer PVA glue
- Collall All purpose glue
- Foam pads