Just for you - Penny Farthing bicycle shaped card -
Day 293 of my 366 day challenge
Hi Craft addicts!
Today's card is once again using some of the Hunkydory's "For the Love of Stamps" stamp collection - this time from the "A beautiful ride" one along with some of the "Tear and Share" card collection.
- I first of all cut out the panel of white card (Tattered Lace pin dot squares die collection) (linen effect as I like it) and coloured it using some N02 (Blue) and B01 (Blue) dye based inks from Generation INX keeping it in the die whilst doing so it gave an irregular edge to it too.
- I then stamped the "Penny Farthing" bicycle on to it using Versafine "Onyx Black" ink once the background was dry.
- I then coloured some of the "flowers" in using some "Yellow" and "Blue" alcohol marker.
- I used the "Balloon" stamp from the same collection and stamped the edge of a fancy shaped card (I think from Hunkydory or Craftwork Cards) - using both first and second generation stamping - and coloured some in using a blue coloured pencil.
- I then cut out a larger square using the same die collection, this time from a sheet of the "Tear and Share" collection from Kanban.
- I attached that to the card using Collall All purpose glue as it allowed me time to get it into the right position.
- I then edged the topper in black alcohol marker and placed it on the card with some thin foam pads.
- I also used the "Just for you" sentiment from the "Stylish Silhouettes" "Woodland Walk - warm wishes" laser cut collection gluing it to the top right hand corner with a little Cosmic Shimmer PVA glue.
- Finally I used some "Sea Breeze" Jewel Nuvo drops in each corner.
And there you are - a fun card made using stamps from Hunkydory along with some dye based inks for the background and some great cardstock from Kanban...
Don't forget you can visit The Handmade Crafts Shop anytime to see what else I have for sale or sign up to my monthly newsletter here
Products and items you may need to make this card
- 120mm White ornate shaped 350gsm (approx) card with envelope
- Vintage Penny farthing and Balloon stamps from Hunkydory's For the Love of Stamps A Beautiful Ride collection
- Just for you laser cut sentiment from Hunkydory
- Tattered Lace Pin dot squares set of dies
- Blue,distress/dye based inks from Tim Holtz and Generaton INX
- Tear and Share Cardstock from Kanban
- White linen effect cardstock
- Sea Breeze Nuvo Jewel drops (from Tonic Studios)
- Cosmic Shimmer PVA glue
- Collall All purpose glue
- Foam pads