Follow your dreams - Fairy DL Kraft card -
day 297 of my 366 day challenge
Hi Craft addicts!
So today I have made this DL Kraft card with a "fairy" theme using a Tattered Lace die, some Hunkydory stamps!
How I made this card:-
- For this card, I cut out 2 scalloped edged border strips in "Yellow and White" (the latter being narrower than the other) using my Brother ScanNCut and glued them together and then stuck them to the centre of the DL card which I am using as a Landscape one.
- I then stamped the "Bunting" stamp from the "A Beautiful Ride" which is part of the "For the Love of Stamps" collections from Hunkydory. (I used "Tuxedo Black" ink from Memento to do this).
- I then coloured the pennants in using Rembrandt Colouring pencils in a variety of colours and lengthened the string to the edge of the card using a black Micron fine liner pen.
- I then cut out the oval "Pin Dot" die (from Tattered Lace) in "Matt gold" cardstock (from Kanban).
- I also cut out the "Twinkerbell" Fairy Tattered Lace die in Lynda Chapman's black cardstock and glued it to the above oval.
- I then placed the whole thing in the centre of the card using a double lot of foam pads to give it some height.
- I also stamped out the "Follow your dreams" stamp from the same collection on to some white card which I had coloured in some Blue, Pink and yellow inks.
- Finally, I added some of the Tattered Lace "Tuck in snowflakes" which I had cut out in the same matt gold card. Along with some of the "Copper Penny" Nuvo crystal drops from Tonic Studios.
- I also added a cream paper insert inside and added a general message to it.
And there you are - a fairy themed card which I made from dies from Tattered Lace along with some Hunkydory stamps
Don't forget you can visit The Handmade Crafts Shop anytime to see what else I have for sale or sign up to my monthly newsletter here
Products and items you may need to make this card
- DL Kraft card and envelope (you can get them from various suppliers)
- Hunkydory A Beautiful Ride stamp collection from the For the Love of Stamps collection.
- Twinkerbell Fairy die from Tattered Lace
- Pin dot ovals dies from Tattered Lace
- Tuck in Snowflakes dies from Tattered Lace
- Black cardstock from Lynda Chapman's Creative Crafting World
- White cardstock
- Bright yellow cardstock,
- Copper Penny Nuvo crystal drops (from Tonic Studios)
- Collall All purpose glue
- Cosmic Shimmer PVA glue
- Tape runner
- Foam pads