Owl on branch birthday Cream shaped card -
Day 266 of my 366 day challenge
Hi Craft addicts!
So today's card for my 366 day challenge (day 266), I have used a sheet of the "Enchanted Woodland" paper pad, a cream scalloped edged card and a Tattered Lace Die..
To make this card, I did the following:-
- I first of all cut a cream C5 scalloped edged card to 140x185mm as I didn't want the scallops.
- I then took one of the "Owl" sheets from the "Enchanted Woodland" 8" paper pad from Craftwork Cards and cut it to 88x185mm (approximately) and glued it to the left hand side of the card using a tape pen.
- I decided to cut the front part of the card and used "Scallop 7" die from the "Scallop Edged Dies" collection from Tattered Lace leaving a narrow strip of the cream card showing.
- I wanted to use up some of the "ornate" scroll peel-offs I had and thought they would look quite good on this card so used 3 of them on the edge of the patterned paper.
- I had this "Happy Birthday! You're the best" sentiment and so matt and layered it on to some blue card and added it to the top of the card.
- For a bit of fun, I decided to add one of the "Halloween" spiders (again a peel-off) so that it looked as if it was hanging down from the sentiment.
- For the inside of the card, I stamped a message "Owl be always there for you" which comes from the "Sugar Hollows Pairs" Heartfelt Creations collection using Versafine ink.
And there you are a card using one sheet of 8" paper, some peel-off stickers. Don't forget you can visit The Handmade Crafts Shop anytime to see what else I have for sale or sign up to my monthly newsletter here
Products and items you may need to make this card
- C5 cream scalloped edged card and envelope
- Owl papers from the 8" paper pad "Enchanted Woodland" from Craftwork Cards
- Scallop Edged dies (No. 7) from Tattered Lace
- Happy birthday sentiment from Craft Creations
- Spider peel-off sticker from the Halloween sheet from Craft Creations
- Ornate frame peel-off stick again from Craft Creations
- Blue cardstock
- Collall All Purpose glue
- Foam pads from Hunkydory or Stix2
- Cosmic Shimmer PVA glue