New baby card - stork with baby bundle -
Day 253 of my 366 day challenge
Hi Craft addicts!
So today's card is slightly different in that it is a "New Baby" card using various die cuts that I had in my "stash".
To make the background and toppers -
- i first of all took one of the Tonic Studios background dies and cut it out in red cardstock (not sure which die set it is from unfortunately)
- I then cut out the next layer which is a Tattered Lace frame in white (again not sure which one it is)
- I also cut out an oval shape from the "Pin Dots" ovals die set from Tattered Lace in black card.
- I then cut out the "stork" (again from Tattered Lace) in white card and coloured it in using Spectrum Noir alcohol markers - "Green LG4", for the bag, "beige EB1" for the bill and legs, "Yellow" for the body and "tan TN3" for the head. I didn't want it to be the traditional blue/pink so have made the stork my own!
- I first of all glued the red layer on to a 6" (approx) white linen card using Cosmic Shimmer PVA glue - this is a great size as it leaves a very narrow border around it.
- I then glued the "White" Tattered Lace ornate frame in the centre of the panel again using Cosmic Shimmer PVA glue.
- The "stork" was then stuck on to the oval frame with Cosmic Shimmer PVA glue and finally attached it to the card using Hunkydory foam pads to give a slight lift off the card.
- To finish the card off, I added some "Morning Dew" Nuvo Crystal drops to each corner and the "Stork"s eye.
And there you are....a really cute card - that is simple to make and will be on my website soon. Don't forget you can visit The Handmade Crafts Shop anytime to see what else I have for sale or sign up to my monthly newsletter here
Products and items you may need to make this card
- 6" white linen effect square card with envelope from Craft Creations
- Tonic Stuidos frame - any 144mm one will do
- Tattered Lace ornate frame
- Tattered Lace Stork die
- Red cardstock from Craft Creations
- Black cardstock from Lynda Chapman's Creative Crafting World
- White cardstock
- Morning Dew Nuvo Cyrstal drops from Tonic Studios
- Collall All Purpose glue
- Cosmic Shimmer PVA glue
- Foam pads from Stix2 or Hunkydory or Craftwork Cards