Hello - duo of Dachshunds - hand coloured DL Kraft card -
Day 251 of my 366 day challenge
Hi Craft addicts!
For today's card, I have used a mix of hand colouring using Distress inks and colours along with die cuts. The result I think is really good fun and would make a lovely card for someone just to say Hi!
To make the background -
- I first of all cut out a piece of white stamping card and coloured a "landscape" scene using Generation INX "Green G01" and "Blue B01!", Tim Holtz "Mowed Lawn" distress ink and other blue/green shades, I also added a touch of black Memento ink to make the clouds a bit more noticeable.
- I then cut it to fit the card (it measures 140x95mm) and edged it in black alcohol markers.
To make the embellishments -
- I first of all cut out two of the "Dachshunds" in white card using the "Pets" collection dies from First Edition along with the bone that is in the set. I put one of the dogs back through my die cutting machine with no die so that it flattened it out so I could use it in the opposite direction to the 1st one.
- I then cut out the dog bowl and paw print motif in silver card.
- Using Spectrum Noir alcohol markers (GB9 and EB4) I coloured the two dogs in trying to make it realistic looking by adding some markings to them. I also used some of the blender tool to lighten some parts. I used the black marker to add their noses.
- I then used a beige colour (GB1) to colour in the bone and cut it in half.
To make the card up -
- I stuck the background to the centre of the DL Kraft card using a tape runner.
- I then added the dog bowl, gluing only the bottom half of it so that I could then glue the 2 sections of the bone inside it so they stuck out.
- Using mini foam pads (you could use Hunkydory, Stix2 or even the Candi pads from Craftwork cards) I placed the two dogs so they were looking at each other.
- I then took the "Hello" stamp from Craft Asylum's "Into the Woods" collection and stamped it in the centre using "Black Onyx" Memento ink.
- I also glued the small paw print to the right hand corner and added a few "Caribbean Ocean" Nuvo crystal drops to each side
- I cut a piece of cream paper to fit the inside and stamped the 2nd "hello" image from the "Into the Woods" collection again in black ink and using a tape pen added the whole sheet to form an insert.
And there you are....a really fun card for anyone who likes pooches!. You can buy them here Don't forget you can visit The Handmade Crafts Shop anytime to see what else I have for sale.
Products and items you may need to make this card
- DL Kraft Card with envelope from DoCrafts Papermania
- Dachshund die from Pets collection from First Edition (Trimcraft)
- Various Distress inks - Tim Holtz, Generation INX and Cosmic Shimmer Cloud Blending inks
- White cardstock
- Black cardstock
- Silver Mirri card (from Hunkydory or Kanban)
- Hello sentiments from the Into the Woods stamp collection from Craft Asylum
- Black Onyx Memento ink pad
- Caribbean Ocean Nuvo Cyrstal drops from Tonic Studios
- Collall All Purpose glue
- Cosmic Shimmer PVA glue
- Foam pads from Stix2 or Hunkydory or Craftwork Cards