With Love - elephant calf DL card using Pollyanna Pickering artwork -
Day 236 of my 366 day challenge
Hi Craft addicts!
I love this image of an elephant calf that Pollyanna Pickering painted and so have used a small tag shape version for this DL card...
- To make the card - I decided to use the small tag style topper from "Walk in the Wild" card making kit from Pollyanna Pickering (Creative Crafting World).
- I then cut out the "honeycomb" panel from the "Moroccan Simply Screens" die set from Tonic Studios in gold mirror card, I left a small border on one side of it but just cut it out of the card as I didn't want 2 borders.
- I also cut one in black card but only really wanted the "waste" so will use the panel on another project.
- Using one of the border strips from the kit, I glued it to the left hand edge.
- Before I glued the "Honeycomb" strip to the right hand side, I measured how big the topper was and cut a slit in the honeycombs which would allow it to "peep" out of the strip. I then glued it to the right hand side of the card (making sure that there was no glue near to where the topper would be) leaving a narrow band of the white card along the edge.
- The elephant topper was then placed inside the slit and glued down and I added some foam pads to the left hand side so it stood out a bit.
- For the rest of the card, I added some of the "gold" and "black" waste to make two gold flowers.
- The "grass" embellishment was one of the "Oriental" series that came in one of the Tattered Lace USB collections and I went into CANVAS (Brother ScanNCut's web app) and resized it and cut it out in black card.
- I also used the "With Love" sentiment from the "Walk in the Wild" Paper popper pad and cut it into a banner shape and added it to a circle of black card which I had also cut out using my Brother ScanNCut and attached it to the top right hand corner using foam pads.
- I also stamped a "With Love" message inside the card using one from Clarity Stamps. I also added an extra doodle to it using a black Fineliner pen.
And there you are....a really lovely card using the cute image from Pollyanna Pickering. You can buy it on my website here. Don't forget you can visit The Handmade Crafts Shop anytime to see what else I have for sale.
Products and items you may need to make this card
- DL white (300gsm) card and envelope from Hunkydory
- Elephant topper (shaped) and border strip from Walk in the Wild card making collection from Pollyanna Pickering, Creative Crafting World
- Honeycomb die from the Moroccan Simply Screens from Tonic Studios
- Grass from the Tattered Lace USB Oriental embellishments and the Brother ScanNCut and CANVAS
- Jagged edged circle from the standard shapes in the Brother ScanNCut
- Black cardstock (Lynda Chapman's black card from Creative Crafting World)
- White cardstock
- Gold Mirri/Mirror card from Kanban or Hunkydory
- With Love sentiment from the Paper Popper pad
- With Love sentiment stamp from the Line Drawing collection from Clarity Stamps
- Black Onyx Memento ink pad
- Black fine liner pen
- Cosmic Shimmer PVA glue
- Foam pads - from Stix2 or Hunkydory
So if you think this sounds interesting then why not:-
Watch me on You Tube (coming soon) See my work on Instagram