Tulips (not necessarily from Amsterdam) - hand coloured -
Day 241 of my 366 day challenge
Hi Craft addicts!
So for today's challenge, I have used a hand coloured Tulip image on a black lattice circle frame.
- How to make the embellishments...I first of all coloured in a tulip which was pre drawn using Spectrum Noir Yellow, Orange and Green alcohol markers along with a yellow Nuvo alcohol marker. I then fussy cut it and then using a scalpel removed the inside bits.
- I wanted to give the flower some depth so I cut the middle flower away from the rest at the bottom of the stem and also part of the leaf.
- For the base layer, I cut out the largest of the Tonic Studios "Trellis Circle Base Set" dies in black cardstock.
- To make the card - I glued the black layer on to a 148mm white square card and then stuck the loose tulip head on to it and then added some glue to the stems and leaves along with a double layer of foam pads to the flower heads so that it had some depth.
- To finish the card off I used some "Dandelion Yellow" and "Ripened Pumpkin" Nuvo Crystal drops to each corner.
And there you are....a hand coloured floral card which is easy to make. Don't forget you can visit The Handmade Crafts Shop anytime to see what else I have for sale.
Products and items you may need to make this card
- 148mm White strajgbt edged cards (300gsm approx) card and envelope from Hunkydory
- Floral toppers
- Spectrum Noir alcohol markers - yellow, orange and green shades
- Tonic Studios Trellis Circle Base Set
- Black cardstock (American Crafts or Lynda Chapman's black card from Creative Crafting World)
- Dandelion yellow and Ripened PumpkBlack Pigma Micron 02 fine liner pen
- Collall All Purpose glue
- Cosmic Shimmer PVA glue
- Foam pads - from Stix2 or Hunkydory
So if you think this sounds interesting then why not:-