Time to Relax - Oriental grasses and crane -
Day 238 of my 366 day challenge
Hi Craft addicts!
Been playing around with some of the "Oriental" images that can be found on the Tattered Lace "Typically Tattered Lace patterns" USB (No. 3) along with some of Create & Craft's Topsy Turvy cardstock and some black card!
To make the embellishments...
- I love the "Oriental" themed images on the USB and have been making a series of cards using them (which will be a post soon) and thought I would adjust them slightly to use on this card...
- I first of all took the "Crane" and "grass" images and took them into Brother ScanNCut's web app CANVAS and resized them - the crane is approximately 14x8cm and the grass is about 10cm - i duplicated it and flipped it, moved it so that just overlapped the first one and welded them.
- i then duplicated that and made it smaller. I also added a single one and cut them all out using my Brother ScanNCut.
To make the background....
- I was making some backgrounds out in Craft Artist Professional 2 and moving them into CANVAS and had the green shades mats left over (this is the Topsy Turvy card from Create & Craft) - really good that it is in a 12" x 12" pack as it is great for the SnC.
- Anyway, I first of all used the "waste" that was left over from cutting out the "Grass" and using some "Mowed Lawn" Tim Holtz Distress Inks, coloured through it several times (using 2nd generation stamping to create depth).
- I then edged that with some black alcohol marker and stuck it to the darker green card that is slightly larger.
To make the card itself....
- I was going to use a square card but decided to use this C5 scalloped edged white card (linen effect) and glued the background to the centre of it. I then added the grasses and crane to it so it looked like it was moving across the card!
- I wanted the sentiment to be quite generic so used one "Time to relax" from the "Year of Sentiments" pad from Craftwork Cards, coloured it with what was left over on my sponge, added it to some black cardstock and placed it on the bottom right hand corner using some foam pads.
- Finally I added three drops of "Bottle Green" Gloss Nuvo crystal drops to the top left hand corner.
And there you are....a really lovely card using images from Tattered Lace USB No. 3. Don't forget you can visit The Handmade Crafts Shop anytime to see what else I have for sale.
Products and items you may need to make this card
- C5 White linen effect card (scalloped effect) (270gsm approx) card and envelope
- Crane and Grass from the Tattered Lace USB Oriental embellishments (USB 3) and the Brother ScanNCut and CANVAS
- Topsy Turvy 12" x 12" cardstock from Create and Craft
- Black cardstock (Lynda Chapman's black card from Creative Crafting World)
- Mowed Lawn Tim Holtz Distress inks + smoothie sponge
- Bottle Green Gloss Nuvo crystal drops from Tonic Studios
- Black alcohol marker
- Collall All Purpose glue
- Cosmic Shimmer PVA glue
- Foam pads - from Stix2 or Hunkydory
So if you think this sounds interesting then why not:-
Watch me on You Tube (coming soon) See my work on Instagram