Thinking of You - butterflies white on white 5" x 7" card -
Day 231 of my 366 day challenge
Hi Craft addicts!
Today's card is a simple but stylish white on white card (with a touch of gold) "Thinking of You" Butterfly card using a Tattered Lace frame die and a beautiful main "butterfly" from Sheena Douglass.
- First of all, I cut out the "Starlight Square" (butterflies) die in white card and added some colour to a few of the flowers using OR2 (Orange) Spectrum Noir alcohol marker. I then glued it to the front of a 7" x 5" white card - as usual I have used one from Hunkydory.
- I then cut out the large "butterfly" from the "All of a flutter" die from Sheena Douglass again in white card and coloured it slightly using what was left on some "smoothies" sponges as I didn't want it to be too "dark".
- Using some Tattered Lace "Detail" glue (for the 1st time), I stuck the body to the bottom left hand corner and added a couple of the "Butterflies" that come with the main die to each of the top corners.
- I then stamped the message "Thinking of you" (from Clarity) using white DoCrafts Artiste pigment ink pad and added some of their "Tinsel Gold" embossing powder and heat set them.
- To finish off the card, I added a couple of "Golden Sunset" Nuvo crystal drops to a couple of the flowers - looking at the card now, I don't think I would do that and would perhaps add some crystals instead.
And there you are....a really lovely card that is bright and cheerful. Don't forget you can visit The Handmade Crafts Shop anytime to see what else I have for sale.
Products and items you may need to make this card
- 5" x 7" white (300gsm) card and envelope from Hunkydory
- Starlight square (butterflies) from Tattered Lace
- Butterfly "All of a Flutter" die from Sheena Douglass die
- Spectrum Noir alcohol markers, OR2
- White DoCrafts Artiste pigment ink
- White cardstock
- Thinking of You stamp from Line Writing Sentiment stamp set from Clarity Stamps
- Tinsel Gold embossing powder
- Golden Sunset (Glitter) Nuvo drops from Tonic Studios
- Tattered Lace Detail glue + applicator
So if you think this sounds interesting then why not:-
Watch me on You Tube (coming soon) See my work on Instagram