How to make a gift card using a small lighthouse (foiled) topper and Imagination crafts paints -
Day 235 of 366 day challenge
Hi Craft addicts!
So for today's challenge, I had a little lighthouse topper left over from a Hunkydory collection (Midnight Silhouettes "By Land, Air and Sea,Blue Topaz) and was wondering what to do with it and this is what I came up with....
- As this topper is weeny, I needed to make a small card for it and these 3" white cards are ideal as they can be used either as a gift tag or just to say hello!
- I got a small piece of cardstock (it was actually a scrap left over) and coloured it using some Starlight Paints from Imagination Crafts (Greens, Browns, Reds and yellows) - the card is "Hammered" so it gave a really great effect.
- I also added some water to the top part to give it an impression of lights coming from the lighthouse amongst some clouds...
- Once I was happy (well as happy as I can be), I then added it on to a pre cut 67mm Deckle Edged black panel - from Craft Creations and then glued that on to the 3" square card.
- All I then needed to do was add the small "Lighthouse" topper on to it using some foam pads to give it some dimension!
And there you are....a really simple but effective card. Don't forget you can visit The Handmade Crafts Shop anytime to see what else I have for sale.
Products and items you may need to make this card
- 3" white card (300gsm) with matching envelope from Craft UK
- Lighthouse topper (small) from the By Land, Sea and Air Midnight Silhouettes topper collection - Blue Topaz
- Starlight paints - Red, Orange, Green, blue and others from Imagination Crafts
- Black 67mm square pre-cut panel from Craft Creations
- White scrap piece of paper (approx 65 cm)
- Cosmic Shimmer PVA glue
- Foam pads or strips - from Stix2 or Hunkydory
So if you think this sounds interesting then why not:-
Watch me on You Tube (coming soon) See my work on Instagram