Happy birthday "stained glass" window hand coloured square card -
Day 230 of my 366 day challenge
Hi Craft addicts!
Today's challenge is a 6" Kraft card using a Creative Expressions "Stained Glass" die along with some alcohol markers, some pigment dye inks and a Tonic Studios sentiment...
- I had cut out the "Stained Gass" circle in pale Kraft Card (from Craft Creations) using a Creative Expressions die (not sure if it is a Sue Wilson one) and was wondering what to do it, so when I saw this shaped card i thought it would make a good backing layer and so glued it to it using Cosmic Shimmer PVA glue.
- I had cut out the Happy Birthday sentiment which is part of the Tonic Studios "retro" collection using some white cardstock that I had previously coloured with some Distress/Pigment ink dies in "Orange, Pink and yellow" distress/pigment inks.
- I tried to match the colours using my Spectrum Noir alcohol markers (TN4, FL3, and FL2) and coloured the central part of the die cut alternating the colours.
- I used some foam pads to place the sentiment in the centre of the panel and then glued the whole thing onto a 6" Kraft card (which comes with a matching envelope and can be got from DoCrafts Papermania)
- To finish the card off, I used some "Golden Sunset" Glitter Nuvo drops along with some "Ripened Pumpkin" Gloss Nuvo drops.
- For the insert, I used a precut cream insert from Craft Creations and stamped the message "Happy Birthday" on it using one from the Dreamees "New Baby" collection using some Memento Black Onyx ink.
And there you are....a really lovely card that is bright and cheerful. Don't forget you can visit The Handmade Crafts Shop anytime to see what else I have for sale.
Products and items you may need to make this card
- 6" Kraft square card with matching envelope from DoCrafts Papermania
- Stained Glass circle die from Creative Expressions
- Happy Birthday sentiment die from the Retro Tonic Studios collection
- Scalloped edged panel - I used a Hunkdory card cut in half
- Spectrum Noir alcohol markers, TN4, FL3, FL2
- Tim Holtz Distress Inks and other pigment inks
- White cardstock
- Cream insert paper
- Golden Sunset (Glitter) and Ripened Pumpkin (Gloss) Nuvo drops from Tonic Studios
- Dreamees birthday sentiment stamp
- Black Onyx Memento ink pad
- Cosmic Shimmer PVA glue
- Collall All Purpose Glue
- Foam pads or strips - from Stix2 or Hunkydory
- Fingerlift tape (for the insert)
So if you think this sounds interesting then why not:-
Watch me on You Tube (coming soon) See my work on Instagram