Entwined hearts in red and white - Personalised 8" wedding card -
Day 221 of my 366 day challenge
Hi Craft addicts!
With the wedding season upon us, I made this bright, fun and contemporary card for someone and thought I would share as to how I made it!
- Using the "French" border strip die from Sue Wilson (Creative Expressions), I cut out 2 of them in bright red card (but it could be any colour you like) and glued them to either side of an 8" white card (I used one from Hunkydory as they are great quality).
- I then went into my Brother ScanNCut's web app CANVAS, and used the hearts image from the Stamp collection (an additional add-on that you can buy from Create & Craft) and enlarged one slightly.
- i then duplicated it and moved it so that it overlapped and then welded them together. Whilst in there, I used one of the more "substantial" fonts and typed the names of the couple along with the "and" symbol. I welded both names together and cut them out in the same red cardstock as the borders and one lot in white card too.
- When the hearts are cut out, you get the middle parts of both hearts as "waste" so i decided to add the contrasting colour back into the centres once I had glued them into the middle of the card.
- I had also made sure that the names fitted the card (they are approximately 1.5" high) and then glued the first name to the top part and the second to the bottom. I also stuck the "red" and then the "white" & to the middle of the hearts.
- To finish off the card I added some "silver" Nuvo Crystal drops to parts of the border strips and a couple of the swirly parts of the names. I also cut out some tiny hearts in various colours and placed them in a cello-bag so the person who sends the card could add them inside the envelope as "confetti".
And there you are....a really lovely card which you can buy on my website here Don't forget you can visit my website The Handmade Crafts Shop to see what else I have for sale.
Products and items you may need to make this card
- 8" white square card and envelope (from Hunkydory)
- Brother ScanNcut machine + Stamp accessory collection (from Create & Craft)
- Brother ScanNcut CANVAS
- French border strip die from Sue Wilson (Creative Expressions)
- Red and White cardstock - American Crafts or Cricut
- Silver Nuvo crystal drops (from Tonic Studios)
- Cosmic Shimmer PVA glue
- Collall All Purpose Glue
- Foam pads or strips - from Stix2 or Hunkydory
So if you think this sounds interesting then why not:-
Watch me on You Tube (coming soon) See my work on Instagram