Cartoon mouse (Cinderella style) on 6" square card -
Day 216 of my 366 day challenge
Hi Craft addicts!
Today's challenge is using a hand coloured digistamp of a Cinderella style mouse that I hand coloured using a mix of alcohol markers and pencils.
- I first of all took the Cinderella style mouse digistamp from the "Fairy Tales" CD rom (I think) and took it into Serif;s Craft Artist Professional 2 and resized it to about 3" high and printed it off onto good quality digital stamping card/paper.
- I then coloured it in using a variety of Spectrum Noir alcohol markers - mainly grey, pink, darker pink and blue, trying to blend them in to give him a "life like" feel. I also added some of their matching colours in their pencils (not their Aquablendable pencils) to add a bit more depth. Once I was fairly happy with it, I attached it to some black cardstock and then cut round it to leave a very small border.
- Next, I cut out a "Picot" edged oval shape in Pink "Adorable Scorable" (never agreed with things have to be pink for girls and blue for boys) and attached the mouse topper on to it. I then die cut the fancy edged oval in white cardstock.
- Using some "Silver" mirror card (from Hunkydory or Kanban), I embossed a 6" square using the XCut Small Polka Dot embossing folder and trimmed it down so it left a narrow border when stuck to the front of the card. I glued the silver background first and then added the Fancy edged oval frame using Cosmic Shimmer PVA glue and finally added the topper on to both using foam pads.
- Finally, I added some "Rhubarb Crumble" Nuvo Acrylic drops to the corners and parts of the oval frame - as the Mirror card is shiny, it sometimes means that the drops flatten out a bit so you need to be careful with them.
And there you are....a really lovely card Don't forget you can visit my website The Handmade Crafts Shop to see what I have for sale.
Products and items you may need to make this card
- 6" white card (with envelope) from Hunkydory
- Cinderella style mouse digistamp from My Craft Studio
- Oval picot edged die (Tattered Lace or Tonic Studios)
- Oval fancy frame die (as above)
- Serif's Craft Artist Professional 2
- Spectrum Noir Alcohol Markers - Grey, Pink Dark Pink and blue
- Spectrum Noir Blendable pencils - simlar colours to above
- Pink Adorable Scorable cardstock
- White cardstock
- Black cardstock from Creative Crafting World
- Silver Mirror/Mirri card - from Hunkydory or Kanban
- Rhubarb Crumble Nuvo crystal drops (from Tonic Studios)
- Foam pads - either Stix2 or Hunkydory
- Cosmic Shimmer PVA glue
- Collall All Purpose Glue
So if you think this sounds interesting then why not:-
Watch me on You Tube (coming soon) See my work on Instagram