It's Owl Good - owl on branch 7" x 5" hand coloured card -
Day 126 of my 366 day challenge
Hi Craft addicts!
So for today's offering, I have used stamps from the "Sugar Hollow Bungalow" set from Heartfelt Creations, Distress Inks and other water based inks,Embossing powders and a scoring board to make this card.
Once it was dry, I stamped and embossed the owl on the branch from the "It's 'Owl' Good" stamp set from Heartfelt Creations using Versafine Onyx Black ink pad and Clear DoCrafts Papermania Embossing Powder and repeated the process to give a row of owls. I then stamped the sentiment "It's 'owl' good" using the same process. I then hand coloured them using a couple of brown and green Spectrum Noir Aqua markers along with DoCrafts slimline Dual tip Watercolour Brush Marker pens.
I also cut a square of pink gingham cardstock from the DoCrafts Serendipity pad using Tattered Lace Lacy Layers Squares die set and coloured it using the brown ink pad. I embossed half of the card using the Tattered Lace mini scoring board to make a grid type background and also scored the top right hand corner with diagonal scores.
To make the card up, I glued the backing gingham square in the centre of the card and then placed the Owl topper on top using foam pad strips. I then glued 3 paper flowers down the left hand corner to give some dimension.
And there you are a really fun card for any occasion which you can buy on my website here
And 10% of any sales will go to Cancer Research UK.
Don't forget - if you order something before June 1st, you will receive a 10% discount on orders over £25.00 - visit www.thehandmadecraftsshop.co.uk
Products and items you may need to make these projects
- 7" x 5" Tan/Gold Adorable Scorable card and envelope from Hunkydory
- It's Owl Good Owl on branch stamp from Heartfelt Creations
- It's Owl Good and Guess Who's Thinking of You sentiments from the above stamp collection
- Tattered Lace Lacy Layers Squares die set
- 3 Paper flowers from the Hobby House Embellishment set
- White cardstock
- DoCrafts, Tim Holtz Distress ink pads, Altnew water based ink pads and Generation INX pads - Greens, Oranges, Yellows, Blue
- Greens, Yellow, Brown and Orange Spectrum Noir Aqua markers and DoCrafts Artiste Dual Tip Watercolour Brush Markers
- DoCrafts Clear Embossing Powder
- Cosmic Shimmer PVA glue
- Collall All Purpose Glue
- Hot Glue gun
So if you think this sounds interesting then why not:-
Watch me on You Tube (coming soon) See my work on Instagram