Happy Hallowe'en Haunted House 7" x 5" card -
Day 287 of my 365 day challenge
Hi Craft addicts!
Today's handmade card is a Hallowe'en card using stamps from Hunkydory's For The Love of Stamps range and Bert n Gert's set on a hand painted background.
How I made this card:-
- I used a pre cut white label tag and coloured in various blues and blacks watercolour paints (Kuretake Gambai Tansi, Rare Earth or Stamps by Me are great to use but they do vary in intensity).
- I used darker colours at the bottom of the tag to create an ombre effect and left it to dry naturally.
- Whilst it was drying, I stamped out the Haunted Mansion out in Versafine Onyx Black ink as I was going to use Zig Clean Color pens to colour it in. Before doing so however, I let it dry.
- I coloured the house in brown shades for the roofs and greys for the bricks etc. I then coloured the windows in yellow to imply there were lights on and for a bit of colour painted the door red!
- I then cut it out leaving a narrow border around it and stuck it to the tag with PVA glue.
- Before attaching it to the front of a white 7" x 5" card, I stamped some bats around the house using the Versafine Onyx Black ink and then some Wink of Stella White pens (I realise now that I should have used a gel pen instead as they look too blobby).
- I used thin foam pads to stick the tag to the card (at a jaunty angle) and then used the Versafine Onyx Black ink to stamp the spider and web (from Bert and Gert's Hallowe'en sets) and then the Happy Hallowe'en sentiment at the bottom using Hero Arts Light to Red Royal Ombre ink.
And there you are - a homemade/handmade card that was made using only a few products but is fun but stylish for Hallowe'en.
Don't forget you can also visit my website Fizzy Designs where you can buy it and find great hints and tips and things that I am selling too! Or why not sign up to my monthly newsletter here
Products and items you may need to make this project
- 7" x 5" white card with envelope from Paper Boutique
- Haunted House and Bats stamps from the Halloween stamp collection from For The Love of Stamps by Hunkydory
- Halloween stamps from Bert and Gert's sets
- White Label tag (large)
- Greys, browns, red and yellow Zig Clean Color pens
- Versafine Onyx Black ink pad
- White Wink of Stella pen
- Kuretake Gansai Tambi, Rare Earth or Stamps by Me (or Altenew) watercolour paints for the background
- Light to Red Royal Ombre ink pad from Hero Arts
- Cosmic Shimmer PVA glue or Connect glue from Gina K
- Foam pads
So if you think this sounds interesting then why not:-