Relax, Calm, Unwind fairground silhouette on sunset background card - Day 230 of my 365 day challenge
HI Craft addicts!
Today's card (for day 230 of my 365 day challenge) is one I made using Tattered Lace dies, a stamped sentiment and a hand coloured background.
How I made this card:-
- I first of all coloured the background in using Tim Holtz Distress Oxide inks trying to blend them in to make it look like a sunset (or sunrise) - I used Ripe Persimmon, Barn Door, Squeezed Lemonade, Carved Pumpkin and Mustard Seed.
- I then cut out the fairground scene and the small hot air balloon in black card and attached them to the background using Midas Touch Sticky Dots. I placed the fairground scene slightly higher up so that I could add some shadow to them using some grey/brown alcohol markers.
- I edged the panel using a black alcohol marker and stuck it to the front of a 7" x 5" white card using Collall All Purpose glue.
- Finally,I stamped the Relax sentiment (from Thirsty Brush) on to some parchment (vellum) using Versamagic ink and heat embossed it using white Embossing powder and attached it to the top left hand corner using some narrow Ultra Strong red liner tape.
And there you are a card that is very easy to make and would make a lovely card to send to that special person.
- 7" x 5" white card with envelope - Hunkydory or Paper Boutique
- Fairground scene from Tattered Lace
- Small Hot air balloon from Tattered Lace
- Relax, Calm, Unwind sentiment stamp from Thirsty Brush & Co
- White linen effect cardstock
- Black cardstock
- Black alcohol marker
- White Embossing powder
- Tim Holtz Ranger Distress Oxide ink cubes (Squeezed Lemonade, Barn Door, Mustard Seed, Carved Pumpkin, Ripe Persimmon,
- Altenew Ruby Red mini ink cube pad
- Cosmic Shimmer PVA Glue
- Collall All Purpose glue
- Tape pens or finger lift tape
- Ultra Strong Red liner tape
- Midas Sticky Dots
So if you think this sounds interesting then why not:-